image from the @quillandfox Instagram
Quill & Fox is an Oregon-based design studio created by Yas Imamura in 2010. The studio specializes in hand painted cards and stationery that evoke a welcome sense of nostalgia, evident through Yas’ love for quaint illustrations.
1. What’s your favorite book?
2. Favorite movie?
I don’t really have favorites, but I just saw Rogue One a few weeks ago, that was really great. 🙂
3. Favorite TV show?
I suppose X-files, out of sentimentality, because it’s the first tv show that got me into spooky science fiction.
4. Favorite song?
I like too many songs to pick just ONE 🙂 I don’t really have a personal anthem or anything. Currently listening to Gregory Alan Isakov’s stuff.
5. Favorite food?
6. Drink of choice?
7. Go-to karaoke song?
The Simpson’s soundtrack. Only because it cracks people up. I don’t really do karaoke much, though I do like Too Young by Phoenix. It just never executes well 😛
8. When did you realize you wanted to be a designer?
I used to do little comic books as a kid, so maybe then.
9. Did you go to design school or teach yourself?
A bit of both. (I didn’t really go to a great design school).
10. If you had to describe your style with only three words what would they be?
Colorful with (some) animals.
11. When did you start your company?
Around late 2010.
12. Where is your studio located?
13. What’s your favorite card of yours on Postable?
The Tis The Season Card, it’s a personal favorite of mine.
14. What artists, past or present, inspire your work?
15. If you had to choose a spirit animal what would it be and why?
My actual patronus is a hippogriff, and I literally tried a hundred times just to get it, so..
16. When was the last time you laughed really hard and why?
Last night, watching Creepy Satanic Guy on Youtube. Please do the same.
17. How would you spend your dream Saturday?
Some plant shopping, some drawing, writing, eating ramen, binge watching tv shows. My dream Saturday needs to be at least 48hrs long.
18. If you weren’t allowed to work for 12 months, what would you do?
Catch up on my secret fandom life.
19. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Japan. But also San Diego, coz my mom lives there and she makes really great food.
20. Was this questionnaire too long?
Click here to see the Quill & Fox card collection on Postable and send some of these delightful cards straight from your couch.